countdown

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday

Today I think was one of the most beautiful Masses I ever went to.

As you know, I go to the Traditional Latin Mass most Sundays. I have never been to a full fledged Solemn High Mass on Palm Sunday complete with Procession, and all the bells and whistles you can imagine. It was so cool. The congregation even went up and kneeled at the altar rail to receive our palms. Not gonna lie, I was really confused at first, so was James! He told me later that he had never experienced that before.

The family in front of me had these two adorable little boys in sweater vests. The kids kept playing with their palms (which bothers me to no end... I mean, THEY'RE BLESSED!). Anyway, the mom has the strongest attention span to the Mass I've ever known someone to, eventually the Dad made the boys lose their "palm holding privileges" and order was restored. They're basically good kids, I can tell, the Gospel is just reeeeeeally long in the old form.

We then went to the Italian dinner that our parish is famous for, and let me tell you, those were the absolute best meatballs I've ever eaten. I think I may have found the recipe and so I copied it and will try to mimic it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment