countdown

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Greetings!

Welcome to Liza Jane's new blog, dedicated to Saint Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face. 

The reason this blog is named after her: I have been basically unemployed for about 10 months now and I made a novena to St Therese ending on her traditional feast day, October 3rd (a Monday). I told her that if I got this job that looked promising or any job in the near future I would dedicate my blog to her and rename it. I also told her that if she REALLY wanted to impress me, that I would be offered the job within a week of completion of the novena. 

Well... 

Wednesday (day 4) of the novena: I mention that I am looking for a job to a person I've just met, and he mentions that they are looking for someone at his office. 
Thursday (day 5): He emails information to me and I call the company requesting more information 
Monday (day 9, her feast day): I send in my resume to the company
Tuesday (day 1 after): Company requests interview.
Thursday (day 3 after): Interview
Friday (DAY 4 AFTER): Company offers me the position

When I said a week and she'd impress me, I didn't think she'd follow through within a business week! Needless to say, I'm impressed, and I love her. 

I've decided that this blog is going to be about my life, as well as the saints that inspire it. I don't know about you, but I've always found great strength in the saints. No matter what I'm going through, it's so wonderful to know that someone else has gone through something similar, and become holier for it. 

I make no promises about regularity of this, but I hope to have a "saint of the week" thing going. It will not correspond to the calendar (either of them), but more likely to my life and how I'm trying to follow their example. I'll also through in random stuff about any and everything going on in my life. 

That is all for now. God bless, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I usually hear how the Saints went through a lot worse than I have to deal with, and think something to the effect of "Good for him. He must have been better than I." I think most of us are doing it (the talking about Saints thing) wrong or something.

    Then again, that was ages ago... I don't know for sure what I think of them now, I've been too busy for the most part... but... some of them are freaking brilliant... and St. Paul makes way too much sense to me lately... and I don't mean most of that, if even any, in the merely intellectual sense; I'm gradually learning to sympathize on a more meaningful level... Hmm.

    As a side note, the new blog is very pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a very big fan of St. Therese (she's my patron saint) and so this new blog makes me very happy. And, yes, she IS awesome! :-D

    Once again, congrats on the new job. :-)

    ReplyDelete