countdown

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Coming Soon: Saint of the Week: St Joseph

Seeing as I start my first day of work at my new job tomorrow, I thought looking at St Joseph in a bit of depth is a good idea.

When I started writing this, I had no idea what I was getting into. I thought I was going to write a few things about saints that liked him, a little bit about what we know about him, ect. I decided that I wanted to research a little before I did this. I'm completely blown away. The Great Patriarch has a high place in heaven. In a vision by St Gertrude the Great, she notes how every time his name is mentioned in heaven, "all the saints made a profound inclination toward him, showing by the serenity and sweetness of their looks that they rejoiced with him on account of his exalted dignity." (this quote was found online with no source but I have no reason to doubt its authenticity)

There are many issues I will be researching in this next week and addressing in my next (saint) blog post. Included in this will be:
-Joseph's lineage
-Discussion of the Great Patriarch's susceptibility to sin
-How Joseph was a "just" man
-Devotion to St Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment